Friday, March 12, 2010

Loading Up

Spring break is here and tomorrow we will start our road trip.....1231.62 miles (according to Mapquest). There is only one way we will survive this trip...............



Ah, how did I survive all those years without the DVD player? We are a military family (retired), we travelled and moved a lot with our children. Jason was less then a month old when he made his first road trip.

Today I took a trip to Target to get the little ones their own luggage pieces and some different $5 movies. I fell in love with this little dress for Larissa so I didn't stay on task too well. Target has a way of doing that to me.


The little ones were thrilled with their luggage. Up until now I have packed their stuff with mine, leaving my husband on his own. This time around we are actually sharing a bag. I had the little ones help me pack their bags. I had them go and get 7 pairs of unders, 7 shirts, etc. Yea, I'm not sure if it was for future training or because I was feeling lazy after washing all those clothes.


I have no idea what they packed in those backpacks. I told them to pack whatever toys they wanted as long as it fit in thier backpack. I have the Nintendo DS's so I am covered.





That Toyota Sequoia in the background is our mode of transportation. I love that car. It has 150,000 miles on it and I will drive it until it does on me. It sits 8 and fits our needs. It has a tow hitch and normally we add on a little piggyback carrier for our overflow. We have downsized so much that we don't need it for this trip. Wow, I may take a cooler.

South Carolina, here we come.

1 comment: