Saturday, March 27, 2010

Why do we buy them furniture?

When kids are little they seem to be more fascinated with the boxes that their gifts come in then they are with the actual gift. In spite of that we continue to buy them toys.

My question is why do we bother with the furniture? They seem to like to sleep in other places besides their beds. Heck, a plastic bin is a lot of cheaper then a bed and there is no chance of falling out.

Dressers, what are they for? I didn't bother to take a picture of all the clothing on the floor, I think most of us parents have seen that. I know that my kids would much rather be able to throw their clothing on the floor then bother to have to actually open the drawer and put their clothing away.

Desks? The dining room table has more space and is closer to the food source.

Chairs? Another clothing storage area.

In spite of all the evidence to the contrary, I continue to purchase my kids furniture.....maybe I need to stop buying the clothing that sits on the floor.

Now just imagine the savings if we could give them cardboard boxes instead of cars!

No comments:

Post a Comment