Wednesday, April 21, 2010

New Journeys - 30 days out


Well, we are now 30 days out from our move. I had thought that this was going to be my easiest move yet. We left SC last summer assuming that our house would sell. The timing was bad, the housing market has come to a grinding halt in our price range.

Well, I got tired of making a house payment and rent so decided I wanted to go back. My husband put out an email announcing that he needed a job back in the SC, GA, NC area. Within 15 minutes he was offered a job in Augusta, GA and he accepted it. He will be about 100 miles away so will need to rent something and come home every weekend, unless the house sells between now and the end of May. I had thought for sure that I would be moving back into my house. Now, I realize that I won't know until the last minute. Two days after my husband received his orders to move two families have said they want to see the house. Now, I know that neither may buy the house, I just find the timing strange. One family is looking on April 30th and they actually sound promising, an air force family with 5 kids. If the house does sell it will be a great thing, we could all move together to Augusta. Well, where I don't know yet but we would be together.

So, right now it is kind of up in the air. My husband thinks the house won't sell so is looking at apartments. I have this feeling that it might so have been looking at realtor.com, just in case.

My real estate agent tells me that our azaleas are blooming beautifully, I miss them. Then I find it odd that I miss them. At some point I realized that I miss my home. It is actually a funny feeling to me because I have moved my entire life and up until that house the longest I had lived anywhere was 4 years in PA for high school. I find myself conflicted, I know I need to be where my husband is but I miss my home. When the real estate agent said that someone wanted to see our house....I thought "but that is my home".

I decided to put down all my moves:

Dallas, TX -born
College Station, TX
Pittsburgh, PA
Half Moon Bay, CA
Union City, CA
Visalia, CA
Walnut Creek, CA
Beaver, PA -spent 4 miserable years here going to high school
College Station, TX (several moves)
Ft Huachuca, AZ
Colorado Springs, CO
Markgronengin, Germany
Bryan, TX (2 moves)
St Louis, MO (2 moves)
San Antonio, TX (2 moves)
Honolulu, HI
White Pigeon, MI
Columbia, SC
Small town, SC -lived the longest in my life 7 years
San Antonio, TX
pending SC or GA

I have been told that I don't have an accent, when asked where I am from what am I supposed to say?

No comments:

Post a Comment