Friday, April 30, 2010

Ramblings

Well, we are heading into the weekend and by Monday we will know what our fate will be. Naturally, after a year on the market buyers are suddenly looking at our house after we made to decision to move back into it! We did have one buyer looking this weekend, my real estate agent called me today to tell me that another buyer will be looking as well. Right now we are full force looking at going back to our home. If that changes then a lot of my preparations will change. Oh well, we are used to chaos around here so we will adapt.

Today I got a call from USC (University of South Carolina). I decided in March that I wanted to go back to school and get my master's in teaching special education. I applied on March 23rd, the cut off date was April 1st. I was able to get my references and MAT testing done in time, they already had my transcripts on file. The university called me for an interview and to do a sample writing. I find it sad that they need to have candidates for a master's program come in and prove that they are able to read and write. I told them I would be in town after May 21st so should have an interview shortly thereafter. I applied without a plan on how to pay for it. If the house doesn't sell by Monday then looking for financial aid will be added to my list of things to do.

I took John's pick up truck to Jason's apartment today and helped him move some furniture. When he moved into his apartment he bought all his furniture off of Craigslist. He was able to sell most of it today and we even delivered it. Now he needs to clean up the place. I am still staying out of that part. Sometimes it is easier to step in and do things yourself, but what do the kids learn from that.

I am not sure what we will do this weekend. I want to go downtown and John wants to work around the house. Maybe we will try to do both.

No comments:

Post a Comment