Thursday, April 8, 2010

What happened?

I'd really like to know what happened. One day I was cuddling this little 5 week old baby. Oh, she had quite a bit of gumption at 5 weeks and looked straight at the world. I should have known that she would be in a hurry.

Because I really don't know what happened. Next thing I know she is grown! I didn't give her permission, I really didn't realize that it happened so quickly. Seems like it was just a blink of an eye and I was taking pictures of that baby in a wedding dress. She was in a hurry as usual and we had to prepare her wedding in 8 days. She wanted to marry her soldier who was going to deploy to Afghanistan in the near future.


So, how did it happen? How was I making birthday cakes one day.........


and a wedding cake the next?



When you plan a wedding in 8 days you really must know how to bake because you sure can't order one.


How did it happen that my oldest daughter was leaving home while my youngest daughter was still a toddler? Why are they in such a hurry?



I really don't know how it happened so quickly, but I do know that I work every day at learning how to let go. Yes, Tasha will always be my daughter and I love her so, but now she is someone else's wife. I have to trust that her husband will love and treasure her as much as we do. I have to stand back and watch them experience growing pains.
I haven't lost my mom position. It has only changed, evolved into a more mature relationship. It is just hard sometimes when in my minds eye she is still my baby.



Any what started all this? Cleaning out the garage! I found Tasha's Trolls in the garage and have watched Larissa play with them all afternoon. Lesson learned, leave the garage cleaning to my husband.

1 comment:

  1. I've asked myself the very same questions...How is it that my first baby is graduating college while the youngest just potty trained? How did time fly by so quickly...sigh. Kim

    ReplyDelete