Sunday, June 27, 2010

Transition Day

Sundays are bittersweet around here. We attend church in the mornings and then go to lunch together as a family. We have a great time until we get home and then John starts packing to go back to Augusta. He really doesn't want to go. If he ever won the lottery I know he would quit his job and stay home. Well, I guess we would have to play the lottery first! We have just started this schedule and it already seems to be too long.

However, I know that we have it good. He is only 1 1/2 hours away and can get home quickly if needed. He has a good job and has no concern of losing it. We really can't complain. Actually, since we started living this split lifestyle I have been amazed at how many families are living this way out of necessity. I know that we aren't the only family that is living separated, but it still doesn't make it fun.

Well, enough of the whining.

Tasha was in town for my birthday and we got to spend some quality time together. We went to World Market to buy a gift for her husband. He will be back in a few weeks from Afghanistan and she has been busy preparing for his homecoming.

While we were there I found this little tee pee. Yea, I know that it won't last long. Typically I am lucky to get a few weeks out of one of these little playhouses. However, the kids really seem to enjoy them and I haven't been able to do much with the outside playhouse. It has been too hot to work on it, it would be too hot to play inside for long anyways.

Two of my little ones checking it out.
There is just something about this picture that I love. I can see the love that Tasha has for Larissa in it. My oldest and youngest daughters have a special bond.


The weather has been oppressively hot all week and we have been needing rain terribly. Naturally we got rain just when we went to the ice cream social at church.

We sat in the car for a little bit to see if it would blow by.......it didn't.


Don't they look excited? Actually they were all intent on eating their ice cream.

Tomorrow VBS starts at the church we have been attending. The girls and I are volunteering and the little ones will be attending. What better way to try out a church then to volunteer at it.
It should be an exciting week and maybe we just might get something accomplished, or maybe not.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I like that picture too! &that's a good picture of Sarah in the car.

    ReplyDelete