Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Why?

Why do I suddenly wake from a sound sleep and feel at 3 in the morning that I should pick up the phone?

Why do I find a child having a conversation at 3 in the morning after I have told her that she can use the phone all day but stay off of it after 10 pm? Nothing good is happening at 3 in the morning.

Why did I find the conversation I overheard alarming?

Why does she defy my rules at every opportunity? I know that I am not too harsh, all my kids (and husband) tell me I am too easy.

Why can't I go back to sleep? I guess I am really concerned about the child on the phone at 3 am and the conversation I heard.......sigh.

4 comments:

  1. Yes dear, you are a soft touch. However, I love you in spite of your light leanings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog through Nikki's blog and I just have to comment. It would have been me on the phone at 3am and now that I am the parent, I dread going through this when my kids are older. I'm sorry. I know that doesn't help, but I am. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I think that all teenagers tend to talk on the phone late at night, it was the conversation that concerned me more. Some days parenting is just not so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to be on the phone at 3 AM having conversations my parents would have found inappropriate. Shh, don't tell my future children, hehe.

    Good luck to you :)

    ReplyDelete