Friday, August 6, 2010

Am I too old for this?

Long day today, part of it spent at drill. Another part taking care of family business that isn't my story to be told.

I really do feel that I am getting too old for the Guard. I have blisters on my heels! My boots are just a little too big so they rub my heels. My heels have gotten tender after a break from wearing the boots. The Guard did give me another pair of boots but they are too small.......figures.

Tomorrow I will take off at 4:30 am for Greenville. Since we drilled on Thursday we do not have to drill on Sunday. That will be nice since John will be home and we can go to church together.

I got home today and found my parking pass in the mail. It is getting real for me that at the ripe old age of 47 I am going back to school.

I have questioned myself a lot lately if I am too old to go back to school. I expect to graduate when I turn 50. Did you get that? 50!! Why does that sound so old to me?

We have to chose an area of specialization and I am going with Severe and Multiple Disabilities. I picked this speciality because it contains autism and I have an interest in that field. My classes this semester are The Nature of Mental Retardation, Nature of Students with Autism and Human Growth and Development. I am registered, have my parking pass and orientation on the 12th. I just need to get my books and I will be ready to go.

I wonder how many of the students will be young enough to be one of my kids!

2 comments:

  1. Stopping by to say Hi!.

    I'm your newest follower.would be nice if you can follow back as below blog.

    Thank you for share nice blog I like your post :-),


    http://beonefineday.blogspot.com
    Have a nice day.

    Nan
    PS. From; Follow Me Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Gamecocks!! Good luck with school. You will do great.

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete