Monday, August 9, 2010

Anthony is (Almost) Seven

Anthony will be seven years old on Wednesday. It is hard for me to believe that he is that old. John and Sarah will both be gone on Wednesday so we decided to celebrate today. Anthony wanted a Nintendo DS for his birthday. I had explained to him that if he got a Nintendo then that would be all he got because it cost more then what I normally spend on birthdays. He didn't care, he wanted that DS. He had another one that died after only 4 months. So, he got one with a year warranty.

He was very pleased with his gift. I was pleased with myself. I couldn't imagine giving only one gift, but he knew the situation. Our kids do not receive any gifts from any extended family.

Two of the girls made sure he got his 7 whacks plus one to grow on. I have always wondered where that tradition came from.

In our family the birthday person gets to pick where they have dinner. I love the little ones, they go for fast food cheap. I didn't realize that Chick-fil-A had a Family Night and kids eat for free.....score.

The person in that cow suit was mighty brave!

Anthony has decided that he wants to dress up like a cow when he grows up.
Successful Happy Birthday to Anthony.

2 comments:

  1. My husband's birthday is also Wednesday. Good day. Happy birthday to Anthony! :-)

    ReplyDelete