Saturday, October 9, 2010

Shingling

We spent the day shingling the playhouse. We almost finished it....we ran out of shingles. We only need a few to finish the ridge, naturally we have to buy an entire bundle.
.
Neither John nor I have ever shingled a roof before. We know where all the flaws are, but it will stay dry inside. For our first try it didn't come out too bad. I know that I would never care to do roofing for a living. I may not be able to move tomorrow. Also, I feel like all my knuckles have been sandpapered. Those shingles are some nasty things to work with. Tomorrow we will finish the roof.
.
We have been to Lowe's so much that they recognize us. We have also spent so much money on this little project that I threatened to move John out there and have him use it as his man cave. He says that would be fine as long as he had heat in the winter and cable....hmmmm.
.
We are getting closer to a color. I guess that orange is out. I have been told by both my daughter and my social worker that orange is the color of Clemson, uh ...the rival of the school I go to. Well, I didn't think of that. My SWer may have a problem re licensing me next year with an orange playhouse. So we are down to a yellow, blue or green. Tasha wants yellow, John blue and I like the green. Maybe I will go with all three! Final three color choices are Twist of Lime (green), Picking Daisies (yellow) or Splish Splash (blue) from Valspar. I wonder what the salary is for the people who come up with the color names. Could be a fun job.
.
Tomorrow we will finish the roof and I am thinking about taking a couple of the kids to go see Alpha Omega. John has no interest in watching a wolf, animated love story so he has graciously offered to watch the babies.
.
As I sit here I realize how terrible my house has gotten while I have been preoccupied with kids, school and the playhouse. I sure could use a wife or something. Guess I will get off of here and go pick up the big chunks.

1 comment: