Monday, November 29, 2010

Change for the Better, I Hope

What can I say! Do not become a foster parent if you can't stand change.
.
Yesterday I told John that I was 90% sure that the kids would go home on their court date. He wondered why it wasn't 100%,. Well, nothing is 100% with foster care.
.
Today I am 50% sure that the kids will go home on their court date. Things have changed. Actually they have changed for the better and I hope the change sticks.
.
I am sure that the kids will go home at some point, just not sure if this month isn't a little too soon. I think that the biggest factor is that it will be a week before Christmas....who knows what the judge will decide.
.
So, I will not know if the babies will be here for Christmas until the very last minute. At least shopping for toys for little ones is fun.

3 comments:

  1. Gotta drive you crazy! We had our two adopted kids for three years before adoption. Administrative delays drove us nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. same here s.c. dad--got jasmine at 20 days old as a foster child and the adoption went through 3 1/2 year later.

    ReplyDelete