Thursday, November 18, 2010

Jason

Twenty two years ago today I became a mom for the first time. Jason weighed in at a whopping 6 lb 8 oz. Good thing he was small, he was born without the aid of any pain meds. Actually all my kids were, they were all in a big hurry to get here.
.
He was born in Colorado Springs, COJason was the first baby I ever held. His diaper was the first diaper I ever changed. I was worried that I wouldn't know what to do but I learned quickly. I loved being a mommy.
.
He was a colicky baby which made me wonder what I was doing wrong. Tasha was born a year later and slept through the night before he did. I have great sympathy for parents of colicky babies!
.
Those colicky babies do eventually grow out of it. It is amazing how quickly babies grow. Seems like we want them to sleep through the night, get potty trained and such. Then when they do we want them to slow down...then they become teenagers and we want them to act like grown ups.
.
Markgroningen, Germany

Jason knows no fear, he is always willing to try new things.

Funny, all the kids were willing to mow the lawn when we had to use the tractor.

Polynesian Cultural Center, Hawaii

Oh, I won't lie, he has given me a few grey hairs over the years. He has been a challenge. But, how I love that boy of mine.



Happy birthday Jason.

2 comments:

  1. I think they all eventually grow up, but I'm still waiting too....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still waitng too for this one.

    ReplyDelete