Saturday, November 20, 2010

One Project Done

One week ago........

I went to Lowe's and got a can of paint and some shelving. After painting the walls I realized that whoever had painted it last time had really run over onto the cabinets. I REALLY wasn't in the mood to do cabinets and trim work. I also knew that if I didn't do it now I wouldn't ever get to it and it would bother me all the time. So, I told myself that if I had the white paint then I would do the cabinets and trim.
.
Naturally I did have the white paint on hand.

Paint job done, ready for the shelving. We went back and forth over how to design the space. Ideally the cabinets would have come out and I would have had a clean slate to work with. However, I didn't feel up to the task.

Funny, I actually really like this color and I picked it out very quickly. Normally I agonize over colors. I figured it was a closet so the color is not too critical.


I originally was going to add some built-in shelving designed by myself. However, after looking at the wire shelving at Lowe's I decided to go with that.

You will notice some spackling in spots. My stud finder went on the fritz. After drilling some holes and not finding any studs I realized that the stud finder thought that there were studs 3 inches apart. That went into the trash and I went in search of a different stud finder.

You need to realize that as a military family we have two (sometimes three) of many things. When you move and boxes are not unpacked yet (or you have no clue where it is) you have a tendency to buy duplicate (well, at least we do). I am currently down to only one stud finder, thankfully it does work.

Well, it is finished at this point.

What do you think?


I still have some space for other shelving or baskets. I am waiting to see how the space evolves before I add more. It is kind of empty now but that won't last long.
Now I think I may do a little painting in Sarah's room before I sit down to work on one of my assignments.
(Thanks to the hubby for watching the kids while I work on my projects. Also for being the muscle man and cutting down my shelving for me. Love ya)

1 comment:

  1. Wow. That turned out great. And I"m a blue person so I love that color.

    ReplyDelete