Saturday, November 27, 2010

Sarah

It is hard to believe that 17 years ago Sarah was born. She was born at Scott AFB, we were stationed in St. Louis at the time. She had the same due date in December as Tasha and Jason. Nice of her to come a little early.
.
She weighed in at a whopping 5lb 15 oz and was 18 inches long. She did not fit into any of her clothing.
.
When she was born she was so fair that the nurses turned to John and told him that he couldn't deny this child was his!


Jason and Tasha were thrilled to have a baby to play with. You were (are) quite spoiled.


We took this picture with the bunnies because you refused to get your picture taken anywhere else. You cried everywhere we took you. Finally we found the place with the bunnies and you were happy.
You were 5 years old when we finally received a diagnosis of neurofibromatosis. We struggled for years trying to determine what your medical mystery was.


You are such a beautiful child and have such a strong will to achieve so much in life. Some might call it hardheaded.

In spite of the fact that you are now 17 years old, you are still my baby.

You are so very much loved.


It is hard to believe that next year you will be graduating from high school. Soon you will be leaving home and venturing out on your own. I don't think that I am ready for that. It just seems like you have grown up so quickly and it was just yesterday that you were born. What an adventure it has been.

Next year, November 27th, you and me in New York City!

3 comments:

  1. Sarah wil always be my baby sister. I seriously cannot believe she is 17!! I remember when she was the new little baby to play with :) I'm so happy to be sarah's sister and so happy she looks up to me as a role model. I hope she knows she can always call me to come do her hair if she ever needs :) I love you, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday.

    The marathon will soon become a sprint!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh they do grow up too fast!! Gorgeous young lady!! Love the pics!! Do you have Facebook Felicia, I really love your blog, you are an inspiration to me! Here is my email add, if you could drop me a line!! Would love to mail you, and chat!! ebonyandivory@24.com

    ReplyDelete