Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Weekends are Too Short

The weekends seem way too short. John is already back in Augusta and I am back to being a single parent until Wednesday night.
.
It is very quiet here tonight which is a rare thing. All the kids (including the teenager) and tucked into bed. Larissa is asleep in my bed since I am having her sleep with me when John is gone. She is really struggling with something right now. Saturday morning (about 4 am) she crawled into bed with us, she hasn't done that in a long time.
.
I got quite a few of my projects done this weekend. I didn't have much time today because of church and shopping.
.
Sarah's new, old bed has been stripped and I think painted. I will know tomorrow if it needs another coat of paint or not. It was dark by time I finished. I thought that it must have been late but it was only 5:30. I am not liking this daylight savings time stuff.
.
Stripping this thing took forever. That bed is solid steel and very heavy. I am not sure how old it is but it cost me $40 on Craigslist. That is the same amount I spent on the TV/entertainment center. On each item I gave myself a limit of $50 and I wanted something I could refinish.
I finished painting Sarah's bedroom tonight. That white bed is going to look great against that wall color.
On the school side I finished the observation assignment and the graduate writing assignment for another class. I only have a 10-12 page APA format writing assignment left. It is due on December 6th but I have tow finals that day and don't want to be writing a paper at the same time.
.
I also have drill in Greensville the weekend before finals so it should be interesting. December 6th will be here REAL soon. I am looking forward to the break. Hopefully I can get some home projects done over the break. I still need to make windows and a door for the playhouse and the list seems to never end.
.
About church....we are still searching. Our membership is still with our church in San Antonio. The one we went to this weekend is a very contemporary church. Sarah has really liked it in the past but John doesn't like the music. He likes the old hymns. They also don't have many opportunities to attend church. They rely on small groups meetings in the home. That is great if you can get into a group. Last time we attended there we were not able to get into a study group. However, the nursery is very well managed and they don't have any crying kids so Kiwi does very well there.
.
I mention this because the sermon this morning was on how you see yourself versus how God sees you. How the way we view ourselves often determines how we act. For example, when a thin person sees them self as fat they set themselves up for eating problems. If you say you are a sinner who is saved you act differently then someone what says they are saved and occasionally sin. I can't tell it as well as the minister but it really got me to thinking. How do I see myself today? It is so different then how I saw myself years ago. Which leads me to.....
.
Words.....they are such powerful things. I think I will leave it for tomorrow, but sometimes words can hurt very badly. Even words from a parent to a child.

1 comment: