Sunday, December 5, 2010

Long Weekend

It sure was a long weekend. It didn't help that my cold is still with me making me extra miserable. I took off at 5 am on Saturday to get to Greenville in time for drill. It is crazy to have to go that far and I really don't like it. Because it is so far away I stay at a hotel on Saturday night and return on Sunday after drill is over, I got back at 6 pm today. The husband and all the kids survived.
.
I have been doing what they call split training, drilling during the week at my local unit. However, this weekend was annual briefing time.....with lots of powerpoints. It is about as boring as you can imagine but a requirement.
.
I also needed to go to clarify my position. My unit reorganized and I don't have a position in it. I need to go to a military school to get another MOS (job skill, I currently have 4). Well, I am already going to school and really don't have time until the summer of 2012. On top of that, uh, my husband isn't home so it is just not possible. The minimum time for a school was 3 weeks but they really wanted me to go to a school that was 4 months long. Uh, not possible. Besides, I am just getting too old for this stuff. I find that I am just too annoyed by all the hurry up and waiting.
.
So, tomorrow I will be writing a letter requesting to get out because I do not have a family care plan. Basically it will state that my husband and I are not living together and I have no one to take my kids during times of call up.
.
Funny, as annoyed as I get lately....and as much as I don't have time for the National Guard, I will actually miss it. Go figure
.
Lots more going on but I must go study since I have two finals tomorrow.
.
I really need to talk about Joselin, Larissa and attachment.......later.

2 comments:

  1. It's hard to explain things like Joselin and Larissa unless people have been through it.

    I know because no one believes my charming, adorable child can be hateful and defiant. He only shows that side to people who won't fall for the charm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand, the superficial charm is definately an attachment issue.

    ReplyDelete