Monday, January 17, 2011

Nighttime

I love the the nighttime. I am a night person and always have been. I know that some folks love the early morning time before everyone else is awake. That is not me, I like to sleep in the morning.
.
Right now the house is quiet. The dog is asleep in her crate and every now and then I hear the rustling of her big pillow.
.
All the TV's and other electronics are turned off and it is so quiet for a change. No electronic toys or childrens chatter. I have checked all the doors and locked them while heading upstairs to check on the babies.
.
They are all asleep with full bellies and for the moment covered up (whether they need it or not). Both of the foster babies sleep on their bellies and look so peaceful, resting for tomorrows adventures.
.
Larissa is moved away from the edge of her bed so that maybe she will make it through the night without falling out. I wonder when she changed from sleeping on her belly to side sleeping. It just happened and I didn't notice it. Funny how that happens, they grow up when you aren't looking.
.
The teenagers are in hiding so that I can't tell them that tomorrow is school and they should think about going to bed.
.
I have no prying eyes, I could eat all the chocolate I want and wouldn't have to share with anyone.
.
The heat is running, maybe too high. The gas company loves us. The power is working and the roof doesn't leak. Wind doesn't howl through our walls. The pantry is filled with too many food choices.
.
Our house holds many kids tonight; they are safe, fed and loved. What a blessing we have been given.
.
I notice the blessings the most in the peace and quiet of the night.

3 comments:

  1. I love when they are all in safely.

    We've started turning the internet off at 10p.m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post gave me chills! Your children are sol lucky to have a home and be warm and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the sweet reminder to appreciate a peaceful house : )

    ReplyDelete