Saturday, January 22, 2011

Organization Weekend

I am attempting to bring some organization to my house this weekend on a zero budget. It is slow going. What do you do with all the little random small stuff. If I just dumped it all together, I wouldn't just have a junk drawer, I would have a junk room.
.
Some days I am tempted to just throw it all away and start fresh but I realize that if I do that I will eventually be back to were I am now. Also, when sorting through stuff every now and then I find a gem. Some of those gems are not replaceable.
.
First thing I am sorting is my desk. I have no before pictures, I think I have posted those in the past, pretty bad. My desk is the dumping ground. My kids put their stuff on there for "safe keeping". No one is allowed to take stuff from my desk so they believe it to be safe. I guess it is, but it may never be seen again once it is in the "pile".
.
I also had my desk in the family room because my desk is tall and wouldn't fit in the Florida room (too many windows). Since it is in the family room the kids have started bringing all their toys in there to hang out where I am. I understand this so I am moving out to the Florida room. One concern of mine is the little ones, they get into everything. So that will have to be addressed. I will see how this all goes.
.
On the adoption front we actually heard from the adoption worker. Apparently our connection in adoptions and our licensing worker both contacted her for a status report and it got the ball rolling. She now has all our documentation and someone has to come and do a house visit. Since she is leaving at the end of this month it will be the new worker. I was told not to expect a call until the middle of next month.
.
Our licensing worker contacted me and let me know that she heard back from the state regarding our predicament with having too many children. We have been given permission to keep the foster children in our home until they return home. This is a good thing. According to their SW they will be returning home soon and another move would not be in their best interest.
.
So, back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment