Saturday, January 1, 2011

Putting Them to Work

The teens. Yesterday was a beautiful day here. The snow had melted and the temperatures were warm. In my living room sat four teenagers (two of mine and two great nephews). Four teenagers sitting together and none of them talking to each other. They were all in their own little worlds with their own electronics.
.
What has happened to talking face to face anymore? I think that this generation is in danger of losing a lot of social skills.
.
Anyway they needed to get off the couch and I had yard work that needed done. So an offer was made (money, the language of teenagers) and outside they went.

Dead plants got cleared....
the weeping mulberries got trimmed......

and lots of leaves got raked up.

The yard looks much better, the kids got to earn a few bucks and more importantly, they got out in the fresh air.
.
Today was another beautiful day but I couldn't motivate myself to do much. I did get to Lowe's to buy a bi fold door. I have plans for it and being a bi fold door is not in its future. Hopefully I will get to that project this week.
.
Tomorrow we go to church and then John heads back to Augusta. School for the kids starts on Monday and then a week later for myself. Back to the grindstone. The break has been great even if I didn't accomplish all that I needed to.
.
Well, it is off to bed for me. Have a great evening.

2 comments:

  1. Great that you got them out working!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The boys ended up wtih blisters. By golly, work did those couch potatoes good.

    ReplyDelete