Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Day 10

Day 10, today I was thinking about what I am thankful for today. I went about my usual business; dropping kids off, dropping the hail damaged car off for repairs, picking up the rental, grocery shopping, picking kids up, feeding kids, taking Sarah to church, picking kids up from church, and finally sitting down and watching American Idol.
.
Frequently, I would stop and think of the costs. Gas for all that "dropping off" has gotten high, groceries have gotten higher, insurance keeps going up. It seems as though all across the board everything has gotten more expensive. It would be nice if our income has gone up with it but it hasn't. If anything it has gone down because of more taxes coming out.

So, yes, I am so thankful that my husband is able to support us. There are so many people who thought that we were crazy for adding to our family. Kids are so expensive. However, a funny thing happened.......our income stretched and supported the extra kids just fine. My husband hasn't changed careers or had a huge increase in income. Probably the biggest increase in costs has been in food. It is crazy how much we spend every month in groceries!
.
But, more then the income, I am thankful that we have been given the opportunity to bring more children into our home, both temporary and permanent. Who knows, we may not add any more children to our family, or we may get that phone call, it is out of our hands at this point.
.
Isn't life exciting and grand!

1 comment:

  1. You are a woman with such a thoughtful heart toward the children who need a family....this is a wonderful post to remind me to be thankful that however it happens, we have been able to make it work to bring kids home. Blessings, Jennifer PS...I love the new header photo :)

    ReplyDelete