Friday, December 16, 2011

Keeping Busy


We have been keeping busy.  It is hard to believe that this year is quickly coming to an end.  Time seems to fly by just a tad too fast these days.

This morning I got to go to Larissa's class to watch them sing Christmas songs.  I finally have one in the back row.  All my other little ones were on the short end and always in the front row.

Larissa got to get off early and go shopping with me.  It was nice to spend a little one on one time with her.

Today was the last day of school for the year.  All the kids are off for Christmas break.  I hope that I survive!  The two new little ones are so jealous of each other and the other kids that they cause constant chaos when they can.  I always have to be vigilant to protect the other kids from their manipulations. 

Lily in particular can say very hurtful words to the other kids.  We hare having problems with this at home as well as complaints from school.  She can get kids into tears.  She is a bully.  Sarah is not going to school because of this type of bullying so I am not too patient with this.  Anyone have suggestions for how to deal with this?

There has been no backlash from visitation.  The girls have made no mention of it.  It is almost as though it never happened.  This is new to me.  I am used to having behavior problems after a visit.  I assume that this is a reflection of their attachment.  They only have visits once a month, we will see if anyone shows up next month.

The girls have been here about two months.  Sometimes it seems as though we haven't made any progress but when I really think about issues I realize that progress has been made.  This is going to be a long term process.  A lot of harm has been done from all those moves and it won't be quickly and easily healed.  Time is needed.

Sometimes, it is really very hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment