Friday, February 10, 2012

Stress

Lately I feel stressed quite a lot.  I don't know if I am coming or going.

For my mom I have several folks coming each week.  Weekly we have 3 times for PT, 2 times for PT, 2 times for aid, 2 times for nurse and they want to add speech.  This requires me to have my mom out of bed and ready to receive guests.  It sometimes disrupts her nap time!  I just know that one day I am going to get caught napping....my mom that is, I don't really have the time.

For my school I seem to be perpetually behind.  I realize it is because I have class on Wednesday and Thursday  so by Friday I am ready for a break.  Then comes the weekend when I get nothing done.  Therefore by Monday I need to do the work for two classes and they really require more time.  Sadly, I need to stop taking my weekends off. 

The kitchen redo is coming along  v e r y   s l o w l y.  It may get completed this year.  Can a ladder be a permanent part of the kitchen?  Don't expect any great reveal pictures anytime soon!  The front door is almost done, I need to prime and paint it. 

Good thing I am thinking, I just realized that two kids have a therapist appointment today.  Great, I hope that PT is gone before I need to go to that since it is in the big city. 

Today is John's last day of work.  He won't have to take his long drive in to work anymore.  It is also Dimples last day of daycare.  We had been told that she would get ABC vouchers for daycare.  Communication from their SW has dropped to nothing so my constant calls to her to see why the daycare has not been receiving their money have been ignored.  Finally three weeks ago I started paying full rate because I didn't want the debt to go too deep.  Yesterday I found out that they will not give us a voucher because I do not work, I only go to school.  Nice, we owe a huge sum of money now to daycare because it took months to determine this.  Oh and this didn't come from the SW, I finally decided to call her supervisor.

Kids....well, they are kids.  It seems like it is big project time at school.  Why do they give these projects to kids knowing that they can't do them themselves?  I have my own school work.  I don't mind giving assistance but these require more then assistance.  Are they testing me?  Anyone else have this complaint?  Seems like when I was a kid I did all my work myself.

Well, I'd better go, the laundry is dinging my name.  Wonder if I should match some of those socks today, the pile has gotten huge again. 

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Felicia,
    I am so impressed with how much you are able to accomplish! I don't think you are trying to impress anyone by keeping this little blog but I want you to know that it has made a difference to me. Because of your example I want to be a better mother and wife and daughter! Since I started reading your blog I have caught myself several times doing just a little extra because I remember how much you have been able to do. I think being a good mother is the greatest thing we can do with our lives and I am so uplifted knowing that there are people like you who are trying so hard to be good mothers to not only the children that were born to them and but also filling that vital role for children who were born to others not so capable. Thanks for sharing your strengths and your challenges! I thought you might appreciate a little message that I have found so uplifting on my journey to being a good mother. You can watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbYLKVgwztY (Sorry I don't know how to turn that into a link, but I think you can copy and paste it.) But it's on youtube and it's called Motherhood: An Eternal Partnership with God. I hope it gives you a little boost today!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you do all you do....but my prayers are that He gives you strength and endurance when you need it and the wisdom to address all these situations....and a little break from it all now and then :) I admire how you step forward and do all this even though it's such a hard road.

    ReplyDelete