Friday, April 6, 2012

Falling Apart

It seems like our house continues to fall apart.  I am not sure what it is. 

Our KitchenAid dishwasher is about to go to the dump.  In February it had it's first birthday so KitchenAid will no longer service it.  It has had the top rack replaced twice, the control panel, water pump and door latch were also replaced.  The top rack is in pieces again and KitchenAid says "sorry about your loss".  So tonight we went out and bought a new dishwasher and bought a 5 year service plan through Lowe's .  We don't normally buy service plans because it should last 5 years, obviously that is no longer true.  We didn't buy a KitchenAid or a Whirlpool because they both have the same rack system that kept breaking on us.  We got a Samsung where you can easily take off the top rack.  It will make it easier to replace those cheap plastic wheels in the future.

Oh, and our downstairs A/C unit stopped cooling Tuesday.  We can't get anyone to come out until next Monday.  This unit is only 3 years old and this is the second time it had stopped cooling.  At least the weather turned cool for us so we aren't sweating.  But, geez, what has happened to the quality of the products we buy?

My brain is also falling apart.  I remembered that I had a therapist appointment today...this morning.  At least we made it on time.  Parent-Child Interaction Therapy is interesting.  Right now the kids are in control of playing while I build them up through positive reinforcement.  Later I take the control and see how they react.  It shall be interesting and I have homework.  I am supposed to do this play therapy with all kids ages 8 and under in my house daily.  Hmmmm....when to fit that in!

Our home got really interesting tonight when our teens mom contacted her wanting to be picked up.  She had nowhere to go and no way to get there.  We ended up picking her up and putting her in a hotel for the night.  Yes, our life is interesting.

Because of the unexpected drama and the forgotten appointment I didn't get to do my planned activity.....getting Easter candy.  I am so totally unprepared.  I did have a stash of bracelets that I was going to put in the girls baskets but Larissa found them so I told her that no one would get them in their baskets.  (If she finds hidden stuff she doesn't get it, she is always on the prowl for stuff, ugh)  Of course the kids were in shock and asked about the Easter Bunny.  I am not a huge fan of he Easter Bunny.  I mean really, a huge bunny running around with Easter Eggs?!  So, I told them the truth....there really isn't a huge Bunny running around with candy and such.  I told them that the basket of gifts was a way of reminding everyone of what a great gift Jesus gave to us.  They seemed happy with that.  So, no Easter Bunny in our house!  Now for the tooth fairy....because she is getting senile and forgets half the time.

How is your house holding up?  Hopefully better then ours!

No comments:

Post a Comment