Friday, June 21, 2013

Foster Care is Never Boring

If you want excitement in your life, become a foster parent.  This morning, as I sat in my pj's, DSS showed up to take our little foster child to his aunt.  A call would have been nice but such is the life of a foster parent.

This was a good thing.  Noncustodial parent forced him into foster care believing that he could get him back sooner.  I wonder if dad realizes that his son cried himself to sleep last night.  He wasn't crying for his dad, he was crying for his aunt. 

He was still asleep when DSS showed up.  The look of joy on his face when I told him he was going to his aunt was priceless.  I am happy for him that DSS was able to make this happen today instead of Monday.  He would have had a miserable weekend.

Foster care is never boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment