Saturday, June 8, 2013

Sarah's Bedroom Makeover

A lot has happened in our household in the last week.  I will backtrack a bit to Sarah's bedroom makeover.

To confuse you, the girls were moved to the master bedroom and Sarah moved to their pink bedroom.  Kassi moved to the FROG.  I promised Sarah that I would repaint the pink bedroom sometime. 

Sometime came the week before we left for Disney.  Tasha took Sarah to Charleston for the week so I could work on the room.  Sarah requested a ceiling fan, curtains and a place for her concert posters. Beyond that, she gave me total freedom to do whatever I wanted.

Before (after I emptied the closet)



  I decided to do a very dark purple on two walls and white on the other two.  On one purple wall I planned on painting dandelions.
 
 
In Sarah's bedroom she has a full size bed and a twin bed for when one of the other girls come for a visit.  It can be used as an extra bed or for seating.



 
This was a very low cost project so I needed to come up with a very cheap way to hang many different sized poster items.  I am not big on taping posters to the wall.  I finally came up with this idea....... I put cup hooks on the trim of both windows.

 
Then I put string going across the space.

 
I bought some little cheap clothespins at Walmart.

 
It came out great. 
Sarah can change her items out very simply and easily. 
This project cost less than $10.

 
For curtains I used the flat sheets from the new sheet sets.  Sarah already had a grey furry comforter so I decided to go with a purple, grey and yellow color combination.

 
We had bought the ceiling fan a while back.  It was the biggest cost of the entire room makeover.

 
I also painted Sarah's favorite saying on the wall. 





 
She was very happy with her makeover and enjoyed doing it for her.
 
What do you think?
 

2 comments:

  1. Totally love that hanging poster idea and the wall came out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors. Very clever way to hang the posters.

    ReplyDelete