Sunday, October 20, 2013

Fun Days

 
My three little monsters.....seems so appropriate!
 
 (We took these pictures on that wall because it is the only clean spot in the house!  Something always seems to get in the way of cleaning.  Sigh.)
 
Larissa and Michelle actually played well together today!  It is rare and nice to see.
 




 
We had movie night tonight, The Croods. 
 
Waiting for the popcorn to pop.  Ignore the clock, it needs new batteries.  Actually it has needed new batteries for a very long time.
 



Once again Emma did not make it to the end of the movie, she fell asleep somewhere along the way.  She is my extra early riser and really doesn't do late nights.
 
This has been a very busy week.  I took Larissa to her neurologist.  Actually the neurologist has moved out of town so she saw the nurse practitioner.  Honestly, I had moved from this office to one out of town because of the old neurologist.  I went back because I had heard that he left.
 
I actually liked the lady she saw.  She actually took the time to talk with me about all of Larissa.  Since we had taken her off of all medications early in the summer she was able to start her on a new seizure medication that is also used for mood disorders.  That is what I was hoping for and I was pleased when she brought up the idea.  There are several seizure medications that are also used for mood disorders.  I find that very interesting.  Now we will work on the dosage needed to stop the seizures.
 
I did learn more about her seizures.  Apparently a lot of kids with nocturnal seizures eventually outgrow them unless they are coming from the frontal lobe.  Naturally Larissa's seizures are in the frontal lobe.  She will have to take medication to control them all her life.  On top of that we will have to watch to see if they eventually start to happen at other times.  She thinks that the few seizures I saw last year were from the ADHD medication.  Right now she is not on any ADHD meds so that effect has been taken out.
 
I guess I need to get used to the work epilepsy.  I always say that Larissa has seizures.  The NP kept talking about her epilepsy.  I don't know why the word seizures is less scary to me than epilepsy but it is.  Tasha used to have febrile seizures that she outgrew.  I guess I keep hoping that Larissa will outgrow it.  Sometimes we parents are simply in denial.
 
The weather is changing here.  Fall is definitely on its way.  I believe that I may have to pull those winter clothes out of storage soon.  I am not looking forward to it because here the weather changes so often that summer clothing may be needed in December. That is a lot of clothing out in my closet.  Anyone pull out winter clothing yet?
 
With the arrival of fall I realized that this month is Michelle and Emma's two year anniversary.  They have now been in our home two years and adopted 5 months.  It doesn't seem that long ago that I received the placement call.  I am finishing up my paperwork for our last adoption and wonder what the future holds for us.  I am sure that it won't be boring.
 
 


1 comment: