Monday, February 10, 2014

"Three Day Placement" Has Left

The girls who were to stay for three days left today to go with family.  It took a little longer than three days but still pretty quick for our county. The girls were in treatment (which means they were trying to keep them in their home with services) but were ordered into care by the judge when some things happened in the home.  A home study had to be done on the family member and they had to go back to court for the girls to be moved.


There was lots of activity in our house as we were packing the girls up and getting them ready.  Larissa was crying.  She is still mourning the last foster kids and was so helpful with the latest two.  She even changes diapers!  Larissa gets so attached to the foster kids and is the hardest hit when they leave.


In all that chaos Emma took advantage of my distraction and found candy in my desk area.  Obviously I need to clean out my desk. I am getting so frustrated with Emma's inability to make changes.  Any opportunity to take food she does.  Food is all over our house and we are having to make huge changes to fix that. 


When the weather is nice I pretty much have her play outside, no food to take out there so I don't have to be vigilant.  We have a snow/ice storm heading our way so that means a few days of constant supervision.  I like the carpet idea but if I had to leave the room she would get off the carpet to sneak.  Yes, she is wearing me down but I am not letting her know that!  Now that the little ones are gone I am going to totally revamp my kitchen and desk area.


Our plan is to take a break from foster care.  Our family really needs it.  Larissa needs time to process the loss of the last 4 kids.  I need time to take care of my chaotic home.  Have perpetual babies/toddlers/preschoolers gets tiring.  They like to send the younger kids to us because we don't work.  For the three day placement I totally understand.  It was a short term placement and someone who is working would have to get them in daycare for a very short term or the social worker would have to pick them up and keep them at the office all day until the foster parent gets off work.  I know that I wouldn't want to keep a 1 and 2 year old in my office!


So right now our plan is to say no to placement calls.  This is going to be so hard for me!  Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. This may sound weird, but would you consider a step up from the carpet, like something that would keep her at arm's reach? With my toddlers I had a harness. But an older kid....? Tied together at the apron strings??

    ReplyDelete