Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Not Going to Heaven

The other day Larissa came up to me and told me that she wasn't going to Heaven.  Of the four little's she is the only one who has been baptized.  She believes that she is saved but was adamant that she wasn't going to Heaven.  I asked her why.  She said because she is bad.  Before I went into a talk about how everyone sins I thought to ask her why she thought that she was bad.

I could tell that something was on her heart.  She was feeling that she was doing something wrong.  Finally she told me that Michelle told her that she would teach her to lie.  That sometimes when I am talking to the kids and asking questions Michelle will whisper in her ear to lie. (I have seen this and try to separate them when asking questions.)  Then she whispered to me that she has lied.

She lied to me and it was bothering her. 

We had a long talk. About how to correct the situation.  About sinful natures.  About peer pressure.  How to stop from getting sucked into the wrongdoings of others.


Of course we also talked about Heaven.  How she is forgiven.  How she is saved and so very much loved.
All is well with Larissa today. 

Now if I could just get to the point where a lie would sit heavily on Michelle's heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment