Friday, August 22, 2014

Quiet

It is real quiet at our house.  I am supposed to be filing papers (wow, huge project, procrastination is bad) and am instead online.


Right now it is bedtime for the kids.  They are in the dining room/kitchen area being very quiet.  Every now and then I hear them shush each other because they know it is past their bedtimes, they don't want me to hear them and look at the time.


I can hear paper crumpling and the sound of tape.  I can hear them whispering.  I know it is time to get ready for bed.  However, when they are cooperating and playing well together I stretch bedtime.  Tomorrow is Saturday anyways.


Sarah just walked through and asked what they were doing.  They are playing restaurant with the cook (Michelle), waiter (Anthony) and customers (Larissa and Emma).  After a while they will eventually start to quibble with each other.  When I notice this starting I will intervene and tell them that I love how they were playing together.  Then I will tell them it is past time to get ready for bed and that they were so quiet I didn't realize how late it had gotten. 


They love it when they get to stay up later because they were playing well together.  I love that they are able to cooperate long enough to extend bedtime. 


I also love the quiet moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment