Sunday, May 24, 2015

Recital Night







We survived recital another year.  Between pictures and practices we lose about a week.  Anthony did two dances and Larissa was in 6. Unfortunately, she froze up on her solo. She said that she thought about running off but remembered me and her teacher telling her to keep dancing if she forgets anything.  So she kept dancing.  I couldn't see her up close because I was in the back but Tasha said that she was crying.  She finished her dance and was beautiful but she is beating herself up over the mistakes.

It is hard for a parent to watch their child stumble at something so important to them. However, I was so proud that she finished.  She didn't give up and she says she will do another solo next year. She danced 4 dances after the solo and was smiling and great in them, the show much go on.

Larissa plans on going to a bootcamp dance class this summer and then try out for the Nutcracker in August. Anthony plans on continuing dance but I would love to see him do something besides the hip hop.  I see him dance with much more enthusiasm in jazz.  He also doesn't like the outfits in hip hop, I wonder if tap would be better for him.

Emma says she wants to try dance again next year. The last time she was in dance she quit because it was too much work, maybe just one dance class.   Michelle says she wants to do dance too.  I don't know how I feel about that.  She was so disrespectful to the teacher last time and I haven't seen any improvements in that area.  She continues to get yellows at school, even got one on field day.  I feel that she needs to find her own nitche, I am just not sure what it is yet. I would love to see her find a passion in something. I feel that if she had something that motivated her to success it would help with her behavior. Something for me to think upon.

I took a poor video of some of the practice dances.  If I can figure out how to get them off of my camera I will share them.

No comments:

Post a Comment