Monday, August 17, 2015

Our Weekend

This last weekend before school starts we completed a few things on our summer to do list.  The summer went by so fast that we didn't get to finish everything.

We rented a cabin by a lake and the kids got to go fishing.  They had never gone fishing before. They also didn't catch anything so I think I will take them again when the weather is a little cooler.

Long ago I camped in tents, this cabin is about as rough as I get these days.  Actually, I would not take Benjamin camping in a tent, so many kids have walked away lately and I know that he would try to run.





Yuck, I had to show the kids how to put a worm in a hook.  Again, yuck.  I haven't gone fishing in many, many years.


After many yucks Anthony put his own worm on the hook.



Ahhh, the excitement.  I am just not into fishing.  I remember getting up bright and early and going out on the boat to fish.  It was exciting when you did catch something but boring when you didn't.





 The play area was directly out our front door.





Benjamin loves to slide.  He has been sliding since before he could walk.  He can clearly say slide too.


It was a beautiful day and the weather was great.  Summer is officially over as school starts for our kids.



No comments:

Post a Comment