Monday, September 28, 2015

Celebration

We celebrated Vaida turning one this weekend.  It is hard to believe that she is a year old already. The time just flies by and she is growing up so fast, too fast.  The baby year is gone and we now have a toddler.


 In true fashion for our family we procrastinated a bit and were making goodies up until the guests arrived.  They may have helped decorate a bit too.


We had a potato bar, which I would do again. (if anyone is interested in how we served 50 potatoes let me know) and several dips and chips.  We made a small cake for Vaida and had a bigger cake for guests.  Tasha also make some delicious pinapple cupcakes.



Everyone got plenty to eat.


Vaida loved being sung to, she knew that she was the center of attention.


Not sure how it happened but the cake exploded.  Once she got a taste of that chocolate she didn't hesitate to dig right in.



I love it when family and friends gather to celebrate.  So many blessings gather around the table.


I have a feeling that Vaida may be a little spoiled during holidays, she has a huge family that loves her.  Family members from both sides of the family, to include my ex and his wife, were all present. Many friends joined us.  My mom got up and joined us, Vaida is her only great grandchild.

There was a lot of love in the house Saturday.


I wonder what the next year will bring.  I am sure that it will be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment