Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Baby Shower

When Kassi let us know last Sunday that she wanted her baby shower in a week I knew we had a lot of work to do in a very short time.

I had this old dresser that I wanted to redo for Noah.  I didn't realize that I would have such a short time frame to complete it!


I did and it came out real cute.  


Tasha painted her the octopus and whale signs while I made the name sign and painted dresser.



Kassis' favorite cake, red velvet.


Punch, ginger ale, pineapple and lime sherbet.  We went through two bowls worth.


We had regular yellow cupckaes with chocolate frosting as well. Those pretzels were dipped in white chocolate, yummy.



I didn't get pictures of the rest of the food.  We had meatballs in BBQ sauce, spinach and artichoke dip, another dip that I don't know the name (velvetta cheese, sausage and rotel), deviled eggs, cream cheese with homemade strawberry jelly poured over it with crackers. We also made two cheesecakes for a church event that evening.

I owe a huge thanks to Tasha and my friend Angela.  I couldn't have put together this shower without their help.  All the food was delcious and most of it was eaten.

We played several games. Try and guess the belly size, guess the price of baby items and charades.

Tasha won the baby belly size game.






Kassi received many gifts.  She shouldn't have to buy any newborn clothing and diapers!




The baby shower was a huge success.  She had a good turn out of friends.  Her biological mother came too.  Awkward. I have to wonder how she felt as I was introduced as Kassi's mom. 

Naturally as I was trying to prepare food Benjamin decided that it was a good day to show us that he can climb out of his crib. No nap for him meant extra challenges for me.  It also meant that it was time for the crib to go.  Kassi now has his crib, I won't need it again.

Noah should make his appearance the first part of January.  I can't wait to spoil the next grandbaby.



No comments:

Post a Comment