Thursday, March 17, 2016

Family Dining

Our family enjoys eating together. On Sundays we have friends over who eat with us as well. We have two table in the dining room but one is pushed up against the wall and collects everything. I wanted a bigger table but couldn't find anything. Everyone fights to sit at the main table so I had the idea of putting both tables together and put a square or large rectangular top on it.


John and I went to Lowes to get some plywood for the top. My plan was to have them cut some off for me. Their saw was down so I told my husband that I would come back another day. He said to use two pieces as is, they would fit. Hmmm, crazy but we brought it home.


Oh my! It fits but it is HUGE! Oh well, we are going for it.


Naturally something that huge needs to be a piece of art so I have been painting on it. I put a saying in the middle and am making it a family tree all around it. Each family member is picking what type of bird they want.


Since it is going to be so big I designed it so that it could be seperated when we have the whole crowd here. That will give us a lot of seating.


Painting has been slow going as life continues. We got to have Noah spend the night one night. He is such a cutie.




Jason wanted a Bluejay....


Tasha is a Cardinal family.


That is all I have painted so far. Between the shop and family life it is slow going. I probably need to get a plastic cover for it so that we can start eating in the dining room again. We normally eat there every night and it is disrupting our normal flow of life!


2 comments:

  1. Wow. You never cease to amaze me. I still color with crayons. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy Cassel: best.comment.ever.

    ReplyDelete