Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Butterflies




As I worked on my dining room table I painted butterflies to represent siblings of our adopted children who are not being raised together. All of our adopted children have siblings that are not in our home. Joselin has had the hardest time with the loss of her younger brother. Anthony and Larissa have a vague recolection of their brothers and have seen a picture of a younger sister. Kassi still has communications with her siblings. Emma and Michelle have siblings and Michelle remembers a much older sister. Benjamin has 3 older siblings, they sat in front of us at church last Sunday. We don't comminicate at the fathers request.

I really am not sure how many other siblings are out there. I wonder if one day my kids will want to try and find their lost family. I assume that they will. I try to keep as much information as possible so that I can answer any questions that they may have.

I haven't sealed my dining room table yet. I guess that is a good thing because I need to add another butterfly. Benjamin now has a younger brother. This is his mothers 5th child. I don't know if this child will come into care or not. I do know that his father's family wants the child. That is more than Benjamin had. I hope that all works out well. I do know that she took him home from the hospital today.

No comments:

Post a Comment