Sunday, August 14, 2016

Back to School

It is strange, tomorrow all the younger kids head to school leaving me with only Benjamin. I think that he will be lost. It feels strange, I am happy for Larissa, that she has decided to head back but there is a part of me that is going to miss having her around. She is such pleasant company. Seems like everywhere I turn I see some of her homeschooling books. I had bought some stuff for this year already and now I am at a loss with what to do with all of it.

Next week Sarah is heading back to college. I will miss having her around as well. It is nice to have another adult around to talk with! It is also nice to have a good babysitter on hand when I want to run out for an errand or appointment. I will miss her as well.

Kassi and Noah have moved out and are living with her mom. Sometimes I feel that she blocks me out. When she needs a mom the most she doesn't come to me. We did get to keep Noah for a few days last week and enjoyed having him around. He is such a chubby, happy baby. I hope that we are able to have a good relationship with him in the future.

Joselin and Jason are supposed to move out at the end of the month. I will miss having them around. Jason is my late night, have to have a gallon of milk runner. He always helps me out in a pinch and helps to clean up my shop after big events. I feel that my relationship with Joselin grows as her anger has diminished. She is not going back to that ex-boyfriend which is good. Her and Jason rooming together will be a good thing.

So, in the next month we will be down to just 5 kids at home and my mom. Seems strange. I feel like I have empty nest syndrome! But I don't know how that is possible when I still have 5 at home. I think that it isn't about whether kids are home or not, but the loss of those daily interactions.

Anyone else miss when their kids leave home?

3 comments:

  1. Jason was fun. The kid still talk about him--fine no one listens to me, we'll all just drown then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Jason had a great time. It is great when you can enjoy time with your adult children.

      Delete
  2. Hope it goes well for Larissa. Hang on to those homeschool books. You never know. We have been watching an excellent math video from The Great Courses (or something like that) and have the algebra one to watch next just for some enrichment. Wish we'd found them earlier in the summer.

    ReplyDelete