Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Eclipse

We were in the path of the total eclipse. We ordered our glasses long ago and enjoyed watching it from home.

 I even painted a few rocks and placed them in the community to commemorate the occasion.



My phone tood strange pictures. The sun looks full but the reflection shows what state the eclipse was in.




The shadows got interesting and slowly it got darker. At one point our street lights came on.





I took just a few minutes to go from a strange light to pretty dark. Shortly after this picture the eclipse went total and we were able to look at it for a brief period of time.


Very quickly it went to a bright day again.


I did one more painting and went to the grocery store because we were critically low on milk.


I must say that it was a really neat event. It really showed the power of the sun. My kids didn't understand why how the moon could cover the sun since the moon is smaller. We did a few pictures to show them the perspective.



Curious, who was in the path and who wasn't? If you weren't in the path in the United States, what did you see?

1 comment:

  1. I was driving through Greenville, SC during totality. It was amazing! We had 90% totality outside of Atlanta so, my kids got to see almost what I did!

    ReplyDelete