Monday, August 7, 2017

Welcome home

Today we celebrated with friends Sarah's return. She wanted some country fried steak so that is what we cooked. We sure can fill our dining room table.



Overflow seating




A huge challenge that we have is the size of our kitchen. It is just too small. All the pots that we use are huge, we were moving them around today trying to get food cooked.  There really isn't much that we can do about it but limit who goes into the kitchen when we are cooking. There is quite a traffic jam in there often!

I made some pineapple upside down cupcakes. The recipe is circulating around facebook and it is very easy to make. Actually, they all disappeared rather quickly, I may need to make more for tomorrow evening.



Sarah will be home until next weekend when she heads back to school for her last semester. Actually, not her last semester for school but her last semester for her bachelor program. In January she will start her masters program but will live at home. She has already been accepted.

She has to do another trip for that program and honestly I am concerned about funding it. We pretty much paid for most of the last trip. I was annoyed because I thought that they were overcharging for it. She did end up having about $1000 left which they allowed her to keep since most of the money came from us. It will go towards her school this next semester. For her next trip she wants to go for almost a year to teach English to refugees. I can't afford that trip so she is going to have to figure out how to get funding. I am surprised that the school doesn't teach something on how to fund these trips.

It is almost 2 am here in SC and I am about to head to bed. I find myself staying up later and later. I just changed my mom and gave her a late night snack so she is watching TV and snacking. She has always been a night owl and so have I. It is a bit of a challenge since the kids go to bed at a normal time. I need to try to go to bed earlier so I can get more that 4-5 hours of sleep at night. More sleep might make me more productive!

Tomorrow, or later today, I will post updates on the foster kiddos and what is happening.

Night all.....or good morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment