Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Update

I know, I have not been updating well. Basically because I have been busy and if it comes to holding a child or posting, I hold a child.

Missy, our 5 yeat old is doing well. Interesting to me is that she had some regression when the newest foster kid came here. She has since come back to her improved behaviors. Still she does not speak of her sister or her parents. She doesn't miss them and when asked about her sister she is fine with the separation. It is sad to see the lack of attachment to anyone. Her case has some complications so I have no idea where it stands. We haven't heard from her GAL yet but assume I will get a call before the next court date. Yesterday was the last day of the month and her social worker hadn't visited yet so I wasn't surprised when she texted me that she was going to the school to see Missy. I knew she had a 2 hour drive so I told her if she ran late she could come to the house. She did get to the school for a few minutes and then ran by the house to talk with me and get her Christmas wish list.

Fifi, my 2 1/2 year old is settling in. Babynet came by and evaluated her and said that she didn't qualify for speech services.  Because of funding they now only work with kids with severe delays, not moderate. Really quite sad because we don't understand most of what she says. I have a friend who is a retired speech pathologist and she has offered to come to the house and work with her. She came yesterday to assess her and will come weekly to work with her. ENT recognized her speech delays and that along with her ear infections and failed hearing test means they want to put tubes in her ears and take out her adenoids. We are currently waiting on the mom, she has to go up there to sign a consent form. Her attachment, or lack of it is quite obvious. Every woman who comes to our door is suddenly her mom and she is all over them and trying to sit in their laps. That is a work in progress. Her case is still too early to determine. Looking for family members.

The baby is still here. He is attached to us and cries when others want to hold him. He does have an aunt in another state who is currently doing a homestudy to get him. This seems to be a viable option so it is possible that he will move out of state in a few months. That process is slow. Honestly, if she will get him I would like for it to happen as soon as possible for his sake. He needs to be attaching to his family. We all are in love with him but have always felt that he isn't staying. It will be bittersweet when he leaves.

So my time is taken up with mother duties. I am homeschooling Larissa, I simply sit and watch TV to hold Fifi (I don't normally watch much TV) and Benjamin wants me to be in with him at night as he falls asleep. For me I continue to do rock paintings as I can. So, guess what my house looks like!? Yea, you can imagine. I just don't have that neatness gene.

No comments:

Post a Comment