Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Benjamin


The school year is coming to an end and Benjamin asked me to paint rocks for some of the people at his school. He carefully picked out some rocks.




This rock talked to me....



Interesting to me is the recipient of this rock told me that he had recently been reflecting on the Lion of the Tribe of Judah. He was delighted with it.

We are having serious discussions on what to do next year with Benjamin. We put him in the 3K program because we felt that he needed to be able to separate from us for a bit. However, he is still struggling to separate from us, actually it has gotten worse in some ways. Just yesterday he was crying about going. He misses a lot of days because some days I just don't force him to go. Benjamin says that he will go to kindergarten when he is 5 but he doesn't want to go to 4K next year. Honestly, I am tempted to just keep him home. We have that luxury, he isn't behind and/or doesn't need childcare, why not allow him his final year at home.

Oh, in case you noticed, he gave himself a haircut.....


So he got a new haircut....

3 comments:

  1. He is absolutely adorable! I'd keep him home and enjoy him as long as possible. They grow up way too fast! You are doing such a great job! I love reading your updates. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jude struggled at 3 when I would go to school and he would stay with the sitter. I think that's natural for attached kids. I hope it's a lovely year 4 for him whether he goes to 4K or gets to stay home with mom. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there a program that meets just two mornings a week? Or another parent with a child his age and that mom could plan activities at her house one morning a week and then you have her child one morning a week?

    ReplyDelete